The greatest gift is the present.



Casting for Gerbils


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I really enjoyed working on Chub Creek 43 - Don't freeze the iRiver or the Gerbils with Gary this weekend. What a lot of bloody work it is though. I always get the feeling we've gone too far and taken up too muhc of our lives doing the show and even worse, that Gary is going to one day say, "Dave, I've had enough of this shit. It's too much work". But that day hasn't come for some reason and I'm very grateful for that.

Chub Creek has provided me (and I dare say gary) with so much pure joy and satisfaction that at this point I really can't imagine life without it. Does that surprise anybody? Do you have the same experiences with your podcasts? If you have no idea what I'm talking about click the link above and have a listen to what happens when two guys who know each other really well and who happen to have a lot of stupid crap in common put their heads together for a weekend. It was really fun.

I did end up with a rehash of the old regret I used to feel for all the old crazy times we had when Gary and I were kids. Growing up together on the farm was a lot of fun, but it was hell on the local wildlife. Frogs, bugs, fish, groundhogs, even gerbils had to deal with the horrifying experiments Gary and I had in store. Those were the days of laughter and feelings of being carefree. We had so much fun, but we were so cruel to the little, helpless creatures of our world. I still feel that even though I regret it all now and that I've more than made up for my bad Karma in my adult life, mother nature will have the last laugh. Ah well. Enjoy life while it's here, and be kind to the animals.


3 Responses to “Casting for Gerbils”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    That was really nice. No...I won't say its too much work. One day I will just say, "Dave, I've had enough of this shit." haha. But in all seriousnezz...I feel the same way.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I know how you feel about the animals that got hurt during your childhood. We all did stupid things when we were kids that we regret now. But, I don't think it is a good idea to keep writing and podcasting on this subject. The song to Julie about being sorry about the gerbils ended up sounding like a gleeful retelling of the tale. So, I think it is enough said on this subject. Jackie (of Jackie and Ted in Chicago)

    P.S. I thought episode 43 was great anyway and I love it that you and Gary are doing blogs now. It helps fill in the week until the next episode arrives. You guys are the greatest!

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Sorry I couldn't help it. I'm torn between gleeful retellings and true sorrow. I think the bottom line is, I'm going to hell in the end. Actually I don't feel bad about the gerbils in particular. They were completely by accident and I was too young to know that the cold might hurt them, but I do feel sorry for things like when we pulled the wings off flies and watched them walk around for hours.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Dave
  • From MIssissauga, ON, Canada
  • Hi. I'm Dave
  • My profile
  • Previous posts

    Archives

    Links