The greatest gift is the present.



Maybe it's this guy.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




What bugs me about the word "blog" is the stereotypical geek humour associated with it. Have you ever met a computer programmer? I don't mean somebody who dabbles in coding HTML or something. I mean hard-core. Somebody who lives for the language of the machine. Have you ever met one of those guys? (or gals, for that matter.) They would find the word "blog" hilarious. Just funny as "all get out". Why? Because it's an ugly word that rolls off the tongue as gracefully as "globule" or "pustular gangrene" or "realigning the warp coils". Computer programmers love that shit. Sure, as in everything, there are likely many exceptions, but I'm talking about hard-core, stay up all night coding the next incarnation of Windows XP server software, LARP playing, wit-meisters who gleefully spout such terms as "lamer", and type such unbearable acronyms as "LMAOROTF"

I can just imagine the hilarity that ensued after the aforementioned first made the connection: "web log... web log... weblog... blog... BLOG! hahahahahahahhaa. BLOG. BLOG. BLOG. it's like my alien character's name in Baldur's Gate!"

Of course, now we're stuck with it. Thanks a lot. Lightning bolt!


1 Responses to “Maybe it's this guy.”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    hehe haha hoho You blogger. :O

    LMAOROTFPIMPL!!!!

    (okay, now I can't laugh without really appearing to be a dork)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Dave
  • From MIssissauga, ON, Canada
  • Hi. I'm Dave
  • My profile
  • Previous posts

    Archives

    Links