The greatest gift is the present.



Writing


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I've found a very neat way of communicating with two of my friends in different parts of the world. One lives in Wales (knitting cold fusion researcher, Brenda Dayne) and one lives in Seattle (science fiction writer, and weaving madwoman Syne Mitchel) both are excellent writers, and it's always hilarious trying to keep up with their knitting-needle-sharp wit. We use Skype, which gives you the ability to keep a long conversation going between several people at once. All of us are night owls, and all of us have different time zones, so we often find ourselves together inexplicably. But even so, there are long periods where two of us might be having a conversation when the other is absent, but when I go to my computer I can read back.

It's really neat and I think I can foresee a little habit growing. Speaking of habits, a nun recently joined the Chub Creek listenership, and I found myself suddenly watching my language and that I didn't say anything too controvertial. Then I shook it off and realized that's likely not what anybody listening would want; an edited version of the Creek. I need Gary to come back and blow the doors off.

So I'm sitting here on a Sunday enjoying the nice, spring sunshine, a cup of very strong, sweet coffee with cream, and two hours of Coronation Street. Ah, life. Couldn't get much better. Soon I have to go check Skype and see if anything has happened since I've been away. We need a name for our little chat group... like "the Group of Seven". Except it's only three. Barely a group really... Any ideas. Do you care? "The Knit, Weave and Dink Trio". Okay I have too much time on my hands.

Have a great Sunday.


1 Responses to “Writing”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    the Knit Weave and Dink Trio? I'm so envious that you're friends with Brenda. Do you let people into your club? Will interesting sock yarn help?

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Dave
  • From MIssissauga, ON, Canada
  • Hi. I'm Dave
  • My profile
  • Previous posts

    Archives

    Links