The greatest gift is the present.



More eating


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The blog name speaks for itself, doesn't it? Yeah I know. I haven't felt like writing in a long time, and I still don't, but I'm hungry, and waiting for the food to be done so I can eat it.

I'm on another health kick, trying to cut out all the red meats and fatty foods. It's a real chore, and hard to come up with interesting things to much on. It doesn't help, either, that I get so ravenous when I get home from work... especially when I've been eating things only cows and bunny rabbits eat. Today though I have a pile of mixed vegetables and some cod fillets simmering in a pool of leek soup. I have no idea what it will taste like but right now even that sea monkey tank is looking tasty. It'd be like seafood broth with little wriggly bits. Mmmmmmm.

Hope y'all are doing fine. Me and my stomach have some work to do now. Growwwl.


14 Responses to “More eating”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Boy can I relate - except I am trying to be a bit more strict and elminate most fat from my diet. So essentially I'm eating no meat, fish, dairy, oils, margarine, or basically any fried foods. And I feel, for the most part, like you. Like all the tasty things have been taken away from me. But still, I feel lots better (visiting the gym helps too, I'm sure).

    That said, if you're being less strict than I am, I have a few suggestions that might be good:

    Thai Tofu Basil
    Vegetarian Pho (the beef noodle soup you get at Vietnamese restaurants
    Veggie Chili & Cornbread
    Cuban Black Bean/Tofu Stew
    Tofu Curry

    If you're just cutting down on red meat and fatty foods you should look into making Thai or Indian food - it isn't that hard to make and is delicious without being terribly fattening. South Indian food, in particular, is fairly light with less use of yoghurt and butter than the North Indian food is. A bowl of Vietnamese noodle soup (pho) is also a good choice even if you do go with the beef. The food is delicious but it is mostly noodles, spices and fresh herbs with only a few pieces of meat in there for flavour.

    Hope this helps!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I've never had leeks Dave. How was it? I can just imagine how being on a diet must suck. Don't be too hard on yourself. When we get together again we will eat some serious steak and potatoes.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I made up a recipe for a taco salad type thing the other day. Brown ground turkey in a frying pan, once that is done add a jar of chunky salsa (the kind I use has black beans in it also), a can of red beans, one of garbanzos, and a can of water. Simmer, uncovered, for half of an hour or so. While that simmers, chop up your favorite greens, I like to sprinkle them with cheese and a dab of sour cream at this point. When the turkey mixture has thickened to your liking, spoon some over the salad and have at. I sometimes add crushed tortilla chips if I have them. This is still very good without the dairy and the chips, it makes a lot, freezes decently (not the greens!), is very open to creative additions, and the chili is not too bad scarfed straight from the fridge after school on the day you woke up late and barrelled off without money.

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    A few months (years?) back a book called "French Women Don't Get Fat" got a lot of attention. In every interview or article I saw, the author touted the benefits of leeks. She spoke about them with a passion, describing their color and their texture. This woman summoned up a passion for this vegetable that was more intense than some of my romantic relationships. So I figured there must be something to this. After all, to be thirty and have a major food that you've never tried is sad. For someone who fancies herself an adventurous cook, its even sadder. Maybe there was something to a love for leeks. Maybe I would embrace leeks and a new love of life, of adventure, of strolling down a Parisian street with the wind fluttering a chic silk scarf at my throat, wearing high heels (becaue they look good damn it, even if they make you want to cut off your legs at the ankles!) The possibilities . . . .

    . . . were a lot better than the reality (hey, also like some of my romantic relationships). Bring on the broccoli.

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Last year I went on a diet for 2 months which was supposed to help with my psoriasis - of which I am a sufferer.

    It was like the Atkins diet but way more strict:

    NO carbs (sugar, bread, potatoes, rice, grains, pasta, corn, etc.)

    NO high carb fruits (bananas, apples, oranges (that's right, apples)

    NO alcohol (shudder)

    I did eat a lot of meat (except pork was completely VERBOTEN) , berries, melon, cheese, asparagus and low fat yogurt.


    Did it work?

    It did help, but holy crap it was hard to stay on. I did not cheat... not once... for 2 months.

    Long story short, it was way too hard for me and for my family. So now I'm a flaky scabby mess again, but enjoying food, scotch and beer.

  6. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Roger, FWIW, my husband has had psoriasis problems for years. He's been through every treatment available, and nothing helped.

    A couple of years ago I took advantage of the internet and found some suppliers in Canada that sell Mazon soap and cream. This is the stuff they used on me as a kid with major eczema problems. Used it again when going through the teen acne problems. Then, thanks to our great FDA here in the States, the company stopped selling it here. Too many hoops to jump through, I guess.

    At any rate, husband started using this stuff and got relief for the first time ever. Our doctor was flabbergasted over the change, and I had to take in the packaging so she could recommend it to other patients. Sometimes the old things are still the best. Anyway, it's Mazon, and they have it in soap, cream and shampoo.

  7. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hey Dave, I just listened to your podcast #48 -the fisrt poscast I have ever listened to in fact- and LOVED your knitting segment! It is just too funny that the Addi turbos sound effect is the same as light sabers! My son loves to use my needles as lightsabers (not the safest toy for a 4yo) haha too appropriate! Bring on Det. Coffee! Just wanted you to know you are a funny, funny guy and I will definitly tune in again!

  8. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Oooh, a diet huh? Yuck.

    So I just stopped by your personal blog to say (because I didn't want to post this on the Chub Creek blog) that I listened to several of your first Chub Creek episodes which were wonderful of course, but I wanted to say that you sounded so sad when you first started and sound so happy now. God knows I will never be able to listen too all your podcasts between the first and the last to hear whether you mention anything about why you sound happier in your later episodes, but whatever it was (IF there even WAS anything) that makes you sound happier, I'm glad that it did and I hope that you are. Augh, this sounds like crap. I don't mean to make any assumptions, just an observation that your voice sounds happier in your later episodes than it does in your early episodes. Okay, I'm done. Phew.

  9. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Thanks everyone. How the heck are you guys finding this blog??? I'm going to have to start posting in here if this keeps up. Feel free to email me directly too if you want more intimate info. ha ha. It's dave@chubcreek.com

    And Amanda, I think that post belongs on the www.chubcreek.com comments site!

  10. Anonymous Anonymous 

    We found this 'cause we go to Gary's blog link off Chub Creek, and he's got a link to yours... did you not want to be found over here? ./blink

    X.

  11. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I am such a moron....I did not realize I could comment there, but now I do, and I did! Thanks

  12. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Great work!
    [url=http://mttwvzqb.com/pzau/yvxo.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://aqpjzrbh.com/ijlx/xhhq.html]Cool site[/url]

  13. Anonymous Anonymous 
  14. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Well done!
    http://mttwvzqb.com/pzau/yvxo.html | http://znqrmvpx.com/wgjj/edrw.html

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Dave
  • From MIssissauga, ON, Canada
  • Hi. I'm Dave
  • My profile
  • Previous posts

    Archives

    Links