The greatest gift is the present.



Roast


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Today is Chub Creek day. It's the first time I've done a podcast of Chub Creek without Gary being there. I've planned something fairly elaborate, and I've put all this pressure on myself and have been given a load of content from generous people around the world for it. In my mind I was going to wake up early and get right into it, but when I woke today I just wasn't in the mood.

So I cleaned my apartment, I separated and repotted a basket of plants that were given to me by my parents when I moved in here, I ate some chips, I did some laundry.

I still wasn't in the mood.

Then I went grocery shopping and discovered I have a ton of "points" on my debit card that allowed me to get everything for free. That was cool. I went home and remembered that getting a load of groceries sucks when you live in a condo. I had about fifteen bags in one hand, a new roasting pan in the other, and my keys in my teeth.

I unloaded the groceries into the fridge, but I still wasn't into it. The pressure, the pressure.

Then I began preparing a huge roast beef dinner. It's in the oven now, and I'm sitting at my dining table enjoying a Pina Colada and a cigarette. Maybe when the smell of roast beef starts filling the room I'll be into it.

It's all very weird. Podcasting is bizarre. At least I'll have a nice dinner. Maybe I'll be too full and fall asleep and never get the thing done. Then again, maybe it will be the best episode I've done. It's odd not knowing. I was happy to learn that Gary has bought a house. What a strange two weeks for him. First a job, now this...

I feel like podcasting now. Wish me luck.


5 Responses to “Roast”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I think this entry is the funniest shit you have ever written. haha. Wait..before I comment any further..I have to read it again.....

    Okay, yes...this is the best. You are the man. I hope you are having fun with the podcast as I write this. And, I hope your roast was awesome. And, if you don't finish the podcast tonight...no big shit....relax...have another...wait...I have to go read that again....what was it? A pina coloda and a cigarette..oh man..I love that....I wish....no, wait once more...I wish I were there drinking pina colodas and smoking with you....haha.....

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I'll take a pina colada. Or three. Or five.

    Awesome about free groceries. Sucks to carry them all by yourself but I bet the roast was wonderful.

    I like how you write about psyching yourself up to do the podcast without Gary. I'm ready to start listening. I'll be downloading the past few podcasts tonight. You'll do great. You'll get in your own groove with it.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Okay, enough of the roast buddy. haha. I check this every day and that sloppy cheese all over the broccoli is starting to get to me....haha.

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Great work!
    My homepage | Please visit

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Good design!
    http://jetlcths.com/svll/oivx.html | http://yftdnmru.com/kjxk/ymtp.html

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Dave
  • From MIssissauga, ON, Canada
  • Hi. I'm Dave
  • My profile
  • Previous posts

    Archives

    Links