The greatest gift is the present.



Chub Creek down


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



If you're looking for the current show, you'll find the website down due to heavy bandwidth usage. I've still not found a solution to that problem but I'm looking. For this show, Big Jake has kindly offered to host the show on his server temporarily (the site will be back up on the 15th) Click the link below to download:

(Iv'e taken the link down now. Thanks Jake!)


7 Responses to “Chub Creek down”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Dave, have you considered putting older episodes on the Internet Archive?

    I actually liked having mine on Libsyn, but had to let my account go when Rob lost his job, and I've got everything on the IA now. I actually think it's been a good choice.

    Though if you've been looking at options, I'm sure both of those have come up...

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Most of the old shows are already on that service. Good idea though. I just don't like the shows being there permanently. Once they're there, there's no way to remove them.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Big Jake, you're the guy of the day! Thank you!

    If anyone needs to hear a specific episode before december (Dave's OK assumed), I volunteer to host it! I have just enough space free for one, but unlimited bandwidth ;)

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I can understand that -- Rob says, though that he thinks you can, in fact, remove things -- HOWEVER (and it is a big negative if you're concerned, as you are, about control over them), you have to ask them to do it for you. I could see that being a PITA.

    I guess because the purpose is to establish an archive, they make it difficult to remove things.

    But Libsyn you can remove files from -- I know that for sure, because I removed mine :-) Downside is you have to pay for it :-)

    Between Jake and Guenther, you've got some help. Maybe Chub Creek should have floating homes -- as if the show were boating around the world....

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Happy to help. If I count right, about 15 downloads so far. Most people probably subscribe to the feed. Either way, GREAT EPISODE. I lauded Dave on commenting on the current politics, and I, for one, agree with him wholeheartedly. Nice music as well! Give a listen!

  6. Anonymous Anonymous 

    You can host the images for this blog in Blogger, so you don't have to depend on .mac for them. I think there's a storage limit, but not an image size limit.

  7. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Have you thought of hosting your stuff on Libsyn? They just host the files, you still have control over everything you did before.

    You can load images there as well. And, you can keep your entire archive online while still putting new shows up for either $5 or $10 USD/month (or take shows down, temporarily or permanently). I'm not affiliated, just a customer.

    Anyway, enjoyed your politics rant, it was nice to hear a Canadian who likes the US for a change. Everyone other Canadian I know who likes the US lives here (except 1, and that's because it can be like a cartoon here).

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Dave
  • From MIssissauga, ON, Canada
  • Hi. I'm Dave
  • My profile
  • Previous posts

    Archives

    Links